Sunday, April 21, 2013

Concannon Shiraz


Name: Concannon Shiraz
Varietal: Shiraz
Region: Central Coast California
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: 
This is an extremely rich, full-bodied wine with a dark fruit core. Aromas of blackberry, blueberry, cassis and dark cherry are followed by more berry fruits and chocolate and mocha on the palate.

My Review: The first second I tasted this wine, I said, "Oh, what is this? It reminds me of something." I've had that sense with wine tasting before, but never so specifically as with this Shiraz. Finally, I put my finger on it: this wine tasted and smelled like meat. I felt like I was drinking a meal, a piece of roasted lamb with a dash of oregano. It was spicy, but not too spicy, well-balanced and full-bodied. I didn't have this with food, but I have a feeling it would go great with anything from the barbecue or some steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment