Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo


Name: Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Variety: 100% Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Country: Italy 
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95


Vintage Cellar Review: 
Deep ruby red color with violet highlights and a pleasant and fruity bouquet. Full bodied, soft tannins and good acidity. Excellent with pasta dishes and red meats.

My Review: 
Our first red of the night smelled rich and acidic with notes of cherry, so I was definitely expecting a robust wine. As I sipped it, it wasn't too strong at the front of my palate, but once it moved back and sat in my mouth, I got the full experience. The soft tannins exposed more of the fruit, whereas with some red wines, I've been so turned off by the acidity that I can't taste anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment